A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Broken Minds (壊れた心) is a murder-mystery visual novel set in 90s Japan.
When lonely 20-something Noa Karada finds herself being stalked by a mysterious killer in a rabbit mask known as The Orphan, she contacts the Yamagata Private Detective Agency for help. However, as her case grows more complex, the detectives grow more distant and eccentric. Perhaps Noa would’ve been better off never letting them into her life at all…
- Explorable environments
- Inventive mystery-solving mechanics
- Many choices & hidden secrets throughout
- Six different endings
- Over an hour of original music
- Flowchart to help navigate routes
The free demo includes the first three scenes of the game. It does not include the extras menu.
|Updated||3 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Nov 02, 1992|
|Genre||Visual Novel, Adventure|
|Tags||90s, Dark Humor, Detective, Meaningful Choices, minigames, Multiple Endings, Mystery, psychological, weird|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Links||Homepage, Steam Greenlight, Soundtrack|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- The Reiwa EraMay 02, 2019
- Small Update to SpiralApr 29, 2019
- Sequel InformationNov 04, 2018
- New Light Novel — "Broken Spiral" Released!Nov 01, 2018
- "Cold Lemon" Update Now Live!Jun 20, 2018
- Minor Update and Wiki LaunchMay 14, 2018
- Broken Egg now Live for itch.io!Apr 15, 2018
- Update 1.6 — New Backgrounds!Apr 11, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'm starting a let's play series for Broken Minds!
Loved the demo. Your visual style is just amazing, and the way the environments give a sense of being grounded in a physical space is so uncommon for a visual novel. Really looking forward to playing the rest of the game.